Hello folks...
I tried hooking up a speaker to the PA and keyed up the mic. No Sound came through the speaker. Several TX lights came on and my AMP meter shows 2Watts TX but no sound. Does this mean that the audio chip has gone south?.
I cannot seem to locate this chip, What does it look like ...
Search found 6 matches
- Friday 20th Apr 2007, 1:41
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: No power on Whistler 700 - what to check for?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 28783
- Thursday 19th Apr 2007, 1:02
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: No power on Whistler 700 - what to check for?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 28783
- Tuesday 17th Apr 2007, 23:31
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: No power on Whistler 700 - what to check for?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 28783
- Tuesday 17th Apr 2007, 15:30
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: No power on Whistler 700 - what to check for?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 28783
- Tuesday 17th Apr 2007, 7:18
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: No power on Whistler 700 - what to check for?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 28783
Hello.
Thanks for the reply. I took off the case and had a look at the diode. It seems to look in good shape. I checked the wires over that are attached to the power plug and found that the ground wire had melted on one of the RF chokes. I removed the wire and replaced it, turned the radio on and ...
Thanks for the reply. I took off the case and had a look at the diode. It seems to look in good shape. I checked the wires over that are attached to the power plug and found that the ground wire had melted on one of the RF chokes. I removed the wire and replaced it, turned the radio on and ...
- Monday 9th Apr 2007, 5:26
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: No power on Whistler 700 - what to check for?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 28783
No power on Whistler 700 - what to check for?
Hello folks,
I have aquired a Whistler 700 mobile from my father and have tested it on my 25 Amp power supply. It doesn't power on when I turn on the switch.
I have a couple of questions regarding this radio, hoping you guys can help me out.... I have already checked the in-line fuse and its fine ...
I have aquired a Whistler 700 mobile from my father and have tested it on my 25 Amp power supply. It doesn't power on when I turn on the switch.
I have a couple of questions regarding this radio, hoping you guys can help me out.... I have already checked the in-line fuse and its fine ...