Search found 5 matches

by Rennovattio
Sunday 14th Feb 2010, 9:25
Forum: CB Antenna Systems
Topic: Base Antenna
Replies: 13
Views: 37345

Re: Base Antenna

hey all.

only 2010 now two years after i posted the original thread!

i found this guy on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230432083076&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

He makes these things called 'super CLR' antennas which according to him is a rework of the old penetrator ...
by Rennovattio
Sunday 28th Dec 2008, 0:28
Forum: CB Antenna Systems
Topic: I 10k Base Anntenna
Replies: 5
Views: 21334

Update / This is the best ground plane on the market hands down worth every dime !
Built like a brick **** house !

FYI

Max! http://www.a1antennas.com/

Hey Steve,

If you get this reply to such an old thread please email me. I wanted to PM you but the system won't allow me to...????????

I ...
by Rennovattio
Sunday 28th Dec 2008, 0:18
Forum: CB Antenna Systems
Topic: Base Antenna
Replies: 13
Views: 37345

...ok. not a lot of joy there then.

I have been doing some research - and it appears that the old Hygain Penetrator was a .64 wave antenna, slightly longer than a 5/8ths wave and the largest apparently you can go before no more appreciable gain.

I then did a search on google and came accross ...
by Rennovattio
Thursday 16th Aug 2007, 0:19
Forum: CB Antenna Systems
Topic: V-58 Verticle
Replies: 10
Views: 35089

Hi Renny,
I agree with you about the Penetrator and the Avanti Sigma 5/8. I once had a Avanti Sigma that had a 27' radiator. I guess it was 5/8 wave. I just know it was a great omni directional antenna. I sure wish I could find another one. If I did though the price would probably be more than I ...
by Rennovattio
Monday 6th Aug 2007, 17:40
Forum: CB Antenna Systems
Topic: V-58 Verticle
Replies: 10
Views: 35089

Hi Y'all,

OK, I've been playing at antennas for about 35 years, since I was about a 12 year old.
I started with a Walkie/Talkie then graduated to an old Heathkit 'lunchbox' 3watt one channel CB, Then I knew I had really arrived when I acquired a Johnson Messenger 223, 23 ch 5watt base with the ...