Search found 17 matches
- Tuesday 25th Mar 2008, 5:52
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
- Thursday 24th Jan 2008, 11:43
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
- Thursday 24th Jan 2008, 7:51
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
- Wednesday 23rd Jan 2008, 5:44
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
I located the code's....what procedure would I use to evaluate as they are numeric?
EDITED: I think I now understand what you are asking, as the code is binary, an depending on a returned voltage it would indicated a (0) or (1). So if I am on the right tract all you would need are the voltages from ...
EDITED: I think I now understand what you are asking, as the code is binary, an depending on a returned voltage it would indicated a (0) or (1). So if I am on the right tract all you would need are the voltages from ...
- Monday 21st Jan 2008, 13:52
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
- Monday 21st Jan 2008, 12:21
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
- Monday 21st Jan 2008, 8:38
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
- Monday 21st Jan 2008, 6:49
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
Re: Galaxy DX44V Channel Problem
It maybe a bad PLL chip, but before you go down that road. Let check some thinks out, the PLL works in binary you do not need to understand this all you need to do is give me voltages at Pins 10 to 17, and if you can write them like so
Pin 10 = 0v
Pin 11 = 8V
And so on
If you can do 4 channels ...
Pin 10 = 0v
Pin 11 = 8V
And so on
If you can do 4 channels ...
- Monday 21st Jan 2008, 5:33
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
Re: Galaxy DX44V Channel Problem
Check the voltage at TP2 on channel 1 and channel 40 on the CB band this is band (D) or (E), let us know what voltage you have?
Is the RX/TX LED changing colour when you key-up?
Red in TX and Green in RX.
What channel is the radio stuck on?
Has any one been in the radio and been playing with any ...
Is the RX/TX LED changing colour when you key-up?
Red in TX and Green in RX.
What channel is the radio stuck on?
Has any one been in the radio and been playing with any ...
- Sunday 20th Jan 2008, 15:34
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
Re: Galaxy DX44V Channel Problem
Check the voltage while change channel at Pins 10 to 17 on the PLL chip (IC5) you should see the voltage change from 0 to 8 volts depending on which channel you are on. If the voltage does not change then check the voltage while change channel at Pins 1, 3, 5, and 7 of (IC1) you should see the ...
- Sunday 20th Jan 2008, 10:21
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Channel Problem
- Replies: 24
- Views: 39078
Galaxy Channel Problem
I have a DX 44V EPI360014B board. After warm-up I can change channels, which is reflexed in the channel display, but the actual channel stays where it was at...anyone had a similiar problem or a fix?
- Thursday 10th Jan 2008, 7:46
- Forum: Wanted !
- Topic: Magnum A24
- Replies: 0
- Views: 5595
Magnum A24
What ever happened to this radio. I have look for a source, but could not find any. Did it make the FCC most wanted list?
- Thursday 27th Dec 2007, 2:26
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Channel Display
- Replies: 6
- Views: 15671
- Monday 24th Dec 2007, 0:06
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Channel Display
- Replies: 6
- Views: 15671
Channel Display
Thanks, nomadradio...for the walk through and information. I've got a vacuum type de-solder pen, and a couple of old pc boards to practice on, as you are correct I have as yet to work on a pc solder connection. The ratshack would be easier to work with, and the price is right. My hobby is restoring ...
- Sunday 23rd Dec 2007, 13:34
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Channel Display
- Replies: 6
- Views: 15671
Re: Cobra 29 LTD LED Display
Thanks Rick, I did find a reference here[/url]http://www.radiomods.co.nz/forum/viewto ... hlight=can you help?Rick wrote:9 times out of 10 its a faulty LED display, so the easy way is to just replace it.
- Sunday 23rd Dec 2007, 13:24
- Forum: CB Radio Modifications
- Topic: changing lights ??
- Replies: 4
- Views: 12115
- Sunday 23rd Dec 2007, 12:32
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Channel Display
- Replies: 6
- Views: 15671
Channel Display
I have a Cobra 29 LTD Classic, with the LCD channel display only partially lite. I have the repair manual but it does not mention anything about the display. Can anyone provide any suggestions to trouble shoot or replace, such as just the LCD or the entire board?