Hello again...
The problem is solved.
It was C171(390pF), which was defect. Replaced from a "donor" radio.
Now I have 10W AM / FM and 20-25W SSB. Hope someone else will benefit from this too.
Search found 5 matches
- Tuesday 8th Feb 2011, 0:49
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy II, low output-FIXED
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8991
- Tuesday 1st Feb 2011, 21:34
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy II, low output-FIXED
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8991
Re: Galaxy II, low output
I have checked on some components inside the radio now, thought the error was a bipolar electrolyte (C174/2.2uF), instead of an ordinary electrolyte, but it did not help so much.
Measure the voltage on the IC9 (SO42), negative 0.4 V on the legs 11 and 13 at the RX, 1.4 V for the TX. Do not know if ...
Measure the voltage on the IC9 (SO42), negative 0.4 V on the legs 11 and 13 at the RX, 1.4 V for the TX. Do not know if ...
- Monday 31st Jan 2011, 20:55
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy II, low output-FIXED
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8991
Re: Galaxy II, low output
I mistype in my post, it's TR56, which has power output AM / FM / SSB.
It will be the left final (TR56) which has power, as seen from inside the circuit board.
Have I only right final TR43 plugged in, then I have no power at all.(It is OK in TR56 position.) So the both finals are OK.
The colectors ...
It will be the left final (TR56) which has power, as seen from inside the circuit board.
Have I only right final TR43 plugged in, then I have no power at all.(It is OK in TR56 position.) So the both finals are OK.
The colectors ...
- Thursday 27th Jan 2011, 22:18
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy II, low output-FIXED
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8991
Galaxy II, low output-FIXED
Radio Make and Model: Galaxy II
PCB Number: EPT360010A
PLL Number: MC145106P
Test gear available: Osc, FreqCount, Multimeter...
Symptoms:
If I only have Final TR43 plugged in, I have abt.8W output on AM.
If I plug in Final TR56 also, you can not adjust the output power more than 2-3w AM out. Should ...
PCB Number: EPT360010A
PLL Number: MC145106P
Test gear available: Osc, FreqCount, Multimeter...
Symptoms:
If I only have Final TR43 plugged in, I have abt.8W output on AM.
If I plug in Final TR56 also, you can not adjust the output power more than 2-3w AM out. Should ...
- Tuesday 4th Aug 2009, 21:51
- Forum: CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting
- Topic: Galaxy Dx 55v no modulation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 9236
Re: Galaxy Dx 55v no modulation
check vr14, I had a bad trim pot.
TNX for the help,
nomadradio
CBTricks Supporter
TNX for the help,
nomadradio
CBTricks Supporter